Categories: Featured Stories
Click Image to Protect New Mexicos Children By Signing The New Mexico Victoria Martens ACT
- Students, coworkers celebrate teacher's 20 years of sobriety
- Martinez hits hard early, wins unanimous decision
- Boxer is still valuable to local promoters despite 1-27 record
- Albuquerques Moreu, Perez seek to keep alive Olympic dreams
- Caroll Spinney, voice of Sesame Street characters Big Bird and Oscar the Grouch, dies
- Live grenade found in donated dresser at Habitat for Humanity store
- CAUGHT ON CAM- NBA star gives shoes to 17-year-old fan
- FBI says it presumes Pensacola naval base shooting was act of terrorism
- Federal workers to get 12 weeks of paid parental leave, Schumer says
- Man in $400,000 GoFundMe scam case pleads guilty and agrees to state prison sentence
- Fifth ART bus crash reported since full service began December 9, 2019ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – Sunday night marked the fifth ART bus crash in five days. Full service started just over a week ago, and the city said it may take a while for drivers to get used to the change. The city said the car was in the left lane traveling west on Central. The […]Courtney Allen
- LIVE Trump impeachment hearings & analysis: Committee vote nears December 9, 2019The House Judiciary Committee will hold its second public Impeachment hearing, where counsels for two committees will present their findings to lawmakers and the American public.WFLA 8 On Your Side Staff
- Erica’s Monday Morning Forecast December 9, 2019Unsettled weather continues this morning from the weekend. Snow showers will come to an end in the northern mountains by mid-morning, and rain showers to the south will stick around until this evening, with a couple showers lingering in the SE until Tuesday morning. Temperatures will be cooling down big time on the east side […]Erica Meyer
- Valencia High School teacher creating free ‘thrift store’ for students in need December 9, 2019LOS LUNAS, N.M. (KRQE) – There’s a thrift store inside a New Mexico high school with clothes, shoes, winter coats and more, all free of charge. It was started by a math teacher who says the store is now thriving after her students stepped in to help. Within the first few weeks of school, Celestria […]Jami Seymore
- December 9 Morning Rush: Albuquerque dentist indicted on felony medical insurance fraud wants charges dismissed December 9, 20191.An Albuquerque dentist charged with felony medical insurance fraud continues to practice. Back in September, the Office of the Superintendent charged Dr. William Gardner for practicing without a license and sending bills to insurance companies for procedures he had down to collect money. Investigators say Gardner did this between May and August 2018. He’s […]Allison Keys
- Watchdog expected to find Russia probe valid despite flaws December 9, 2019WASHINGTON (AP) — The Justice Department’s internal watchdog will release a highly anticipated report Monday that is expected to reject President Donald Trump’s claims that the Russia investigation was illegitimate and tainted by political bias from FBI leaders. But it is also expected to document errors during the investigation that may animate Trump suppor […]ERIC TUCKER and MICHAEL BALSAMO, Associated Press
- Meals on Wheels brings holiday spirit to 187 Albuquerque residents in need December 9, 2019ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – Meals on Wheels of Albuquerque is making spirits bright this Christmas by delivering holiday gift bags to community members in need. It’s all part of the nonprofit’s LIFE program which delivers free or highly subsidized meals to nearly 200 community members each and every week. The organization says for roughly 80% […]Haylee Knippel
- 2019 New Mexico Bowl match up has been announced December 9, 2019ALBUQUERQUE N.M. (KRQE)- Bowl Games have been announced for College Football, and the 2019 New Mexico Bowl will play host to the San Diego Aztecs and Central Michigan University. Former UNM Head Football Coach Rocky Long will return to his old stomping grounds as his 9-3 SDSU Aztecs takes on 8-5 Central Michigan. This marks […]Jared Chester
- Chester’s Pick 6: Top 6 plays or players of the week December 9, 2019ALBUQUERQUE N.M. (KRQE)- In this edition of Pick 6 we highlight the great overall and individual performances of the week. Huge dunks, great touchdowns, and amazing resilience are all showcased. Here is the list: Tim Means ENMU Football Weini Kelati JaQuan Lyle Carlton Bragg Natalie JojolaJared Chester
- NM Runners win season opener on Saturday, 12-5 December 9, 2019ALBUQUERQUE N.M. (KRQE)- The New Mexico Runners indoor soccer team opened their season on Saturday at Santa Ana Star Center with a 12-5 victory over the Austin Power, 12-5. This is a great way to start off this team’s second year of existence. “It was a lot better than last year. We started with goals, […]Jared Chester
- World Anti-Doping Agency imposes 4-year ban on Russia December 9, 2019LAUSANNE, Switzerland (AP) — The Russian flag and national anthem were banned from next year’s Tokyo Olympics and other major sports events for four years on Monday. Russia’s hosting of world championships in Olympic sports also face being stripped after the World Anti-Doping Agency executive committee approved a full slate of recommended sanctions as punish […]GRAHAM DUNBAR, Associated Press
- Deadly India fire in one of thousands of illegal factories December 9, 2019NEW DELHI (AP) — Day laborers in one of New Delhi’s most congested neighborhoods demonstrated against unsafe working conditions on Monday, a day after at least 43 people were killed in a devastating fire at an illegal factory there. Dozens of workers who were asleep when the fire broke out were trapped Sunday in the […]SHEIKH SAALIQ and EMILY SCHMALL, Associated Press
- 5 dead, many more missing in eruption of New Zealand volcano December 9, 2019WHAKATANE, New Zealand (AP) — A volcanic island in New Zealand erupted Monday in a tower of ash and steam while dozens of tourists were exploring the moon-like surface, killing five people and leaving many more missing. Police said the site was still too dangerous hours later for rescuers to search for the missing. Police […]MARK BAKER and NICK PERRY, Associated Press
- Beefily Ever After November 18, 2016In our last episode, we learn how to drink tea, build human towers, watch the sunset forever and find the Ian inside all of us.
- Freedom, Justice, or Peter Sagal November 11, 2016We learn what happened to a two-thousand year-old toe, and what to do when our voices make you sick.
- StoryCorn November 4, 2016Devil In The White City author Erik Larson helps us write gooder, and we tell you how to snack silently at the movies.
- We Accidentally Made A Halloween Episode October 28, 2016Mark Bittman helps us answer a very creepy question, and we learn who's helping the Obamas move.
- Romancing The Cod October 21, 2016How to talk to fish and protect your yard signs.
- Trust Him On The Frustum October 13, 2016We help you brush that dirt off your shoulder and get the most out of your Reese's.
- The Never-Ending Cave October 7, 2016We tell you how to get deep and how to fake childhood memories.
- The Sound of Silence September 30, 2016A listener needs help opening his Velcro bag quietly, so we call in the military.
- Fiddlin', Gruntin', Snorin' and Carlin' September 23, 2016How to get people to remember your name and find thousands of worms. Note: this episode talks about curse words but bleeps them out. It's educational, but there's a lot of cursing.
- The Champ September 16, 2016We tell you how to keep your fries crispy and make your friends cry.
- Usain/Boat September 9, 2016How to lose to Usain Bolt by a slightly smaller margin, and another use for your bowling shoes.
- Bonny's Dream September 2, 2016How to endure hearing someone describe their dream.
- Bears and Bubbles August 26, 2016How to bathe discreetly and get close to a panda.
- Bears, Tigers, Leeches, and Spicy Food August 19, 2016How to pick a winner in a bear v. tiger fight, find an endangered species, and eat spicy food.
- Best Man O' War August 12, 2016How to train your pet jellyfish and plan a wedding no one will forget.
- The Only Olympics Guide You'll Ever Need August 5, 2016With how-to advice from a bunch of Olympians and Patrick Stewart.
- Lyin' Eyes July 29, 2016How to protect your cow and pull a loose tooth.
- Merry Chrismas! July 21, 2016How to celebrate your new favorite holiday and enjoy the Summer Olympics.
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Get out the vote
There was an error retrieving images from Instagram. An attempt will be remade in a few minutes.