The Duke City Times was created by local Albuquerque entrepreneur and resident Stephen Judy. The Duke City Times prides itself on being the voice of the people. Our publishing company has been growing at an extremely fast rate and we are proud to represent the very best that the locals of New Mexico have to offer.
The University of New Mexico
- Two UNM students named 2023-2024 Goldwater Scholars
- Riley ready to lead as dean of the School of Engineering
- John R. Engen selected as next CEO of the New Mexico Consortium
- Former UNM faculty and alumni release book on teacher inquiry
- SPA director elected president of national organization
- Headlines for March 30, 2023
- Pitch perfect: Lobo Hackathon planned for April 13-14
- UNM's Tech Days are back again
- UNM Ph.D. candidate awarded NIH fellowship
- Research looks at origins of presence of horses in North America
World : NPR
- The Taliban shut down Afghanistan's only women-run radio stationSadai Banowan, which means "women's voice" in Dari, is Afghanistan's only women-run station. The Taliban said it was shut down for playing music during the holy month of Ramadan.
- Israeli police shoot and kill a man at Jerusalem's holiest siteThe slain man was 26-year-old Mohammed Alasibi from Hura, a Bedouin Arab village in southern Israel. The shooting raises fears of further violence during heightened tensions at the holy site.
- A Mongolian boy has been declared an important leader for Tibetan BuddhistsA Mongolian boy has been named a top leader of Tibetan Buddhism. NPR's Scott Simon talks with Julian Dierkes of the University of British Columbia on the implications for Mongolian-Chinese relations.
- Israel's lack of a constitution makes an independent judiciary crucial for democracyNPR's Scott Simon speaks to former Knesset member Michal Cotler Wunsh, about the state of Israeli democracy in the wake of an attempted judicial overhaul, resulting in massive protests there.
- Pope Francis has been discharged from hospital following treatment for bronchitisPope Francis was discharged from the Rome hospital where he was treated for bronchitis, quipping to journalists before being driven away: "I'm still alive."
- U.N. food chief says billions of dollars are needed to avert unrest and starvationThe world will see mass migration, destabilized countries and starving people in the next 12 to 18 months without billions of dollars more funding, the U.N. World Food Program chief warned.
- Andrew Tate has been released from a Romanian jail and placed under house arrestTate was initially detained in late December in Bucharest, along with his brother Tristan and two Romanian women. He was detained on suspicion of organized crime and human trafficking.
- ChatGPT is temporarily banned in Italy amid an investigation into data collectionItalian authorities are temporarily banning ChatGPT while it investigates the company behind the AI tool. Italy is considered the first government to take such a measure against ChatGPT.
- Nintendo closed some digital storefronts. Experts say it's bad for video game historyNPR's Juana Summers talks with Kelsey Lewin of the Video Game History Foundation about the recent closure of some of Nintendo's digital storefronts.
- Oscar Pistorius, South African Olympian, is denied parole in his girlfriend's murderPistorius was sentenced to 13 years and five months in prison for in 2017, four years after he shot and killed Reeva Steenkamp in their home, claiming he mistook her for an intruder.
- Are you #WeatherReady for the Spring? Check out our latest weather safety graphics, videos, social media posts, and more!
- 2023 Spring Outlook for Central & Northern NM
- SKYWARN is back! Check back often for the latest virtual and in-person training sessions!
- Spring Freeze Dates
- Roswell WWG-36 NOAA Weather Radio Outage
Like to Contact the Duke City Times Fill out the form below!
La Reina Mariachi Del Albuquerque
Las Cruces, NM – News Flash – News Releases
- April STEM Programs at the Museum of Nature and Science
- Solano Drive Lane Closure
- City Council to Meet April 3, 2023
- Tips for Safe Outdoor Adventures
- Keep Las Cruces Beautiful Youth Service Week
- Free FitLot™ Outdoor Fitness Park Classes at Henry Benavidez Community Center
- "All-City High Schools Senior Show" to Open at Branigan Cultural Center
- Locust Street Road Closure
- Virtual Spring Marathon 2023
- Fiber Optic Pathway Installation on Picacho Avenue
Leave a Reply