Categories: Featured Stories
- New advancement in Nanophotonics explains how collections of hot nanoparticles cool down
- Headlines for May 11, 2021
- UNM Medical School graduate is working hard to follow his passion to be an orthopedic surgeon
- UNM hosts Spring Commencement ceremony May 15
- 2021 Clauve Awards honor campus leaders
- Headlines for May 10, 2021
- Friend and family support made all the difference during a tragic time for nursing student Megan Davis
- UNM professor continues to find trove of info from El Mirón find
- Kaitlyn Norman follows passion for music at UNM
- UNM’s Excellence in Advising Awards announced
- 'Everything Happened So Quick': Couple In India Both Lose Fathers To COVID-19After seven years in the U.S., a husband and wife returned to their native India to be close to their parents. But they had less time than they hoped, losing both their fathers to COVID-19 last month.
- Civilian Death Toll Continues To Rise Amid Israeli-Palestinian CrisisThe toll on civilians is increasing in the rapidly developing air war of Hamas rockets aimed at Israel and Israeli strikes on the Gaza Strip.
- COVID-19 'Was A Preventable Disaster,' WHO-Ordered Report StatesThe coronavirus found a world vulnerable to the worst effects of a pandemic, despite warnings from experts and a string of recent global health threats. The system, the report said, remains "unfit."
- Will COVID-19 Vaccines Still Work Against The Variant From India?A coronavirus variant is spreading quickly in India, causing a massive surge in cases. Scientists are rushing to see if vaccines will be effective against this variant. So far, the news is hopeful.
- 'It's Against All Of Us': Israel-Hamas Violence, As Seen From The GroundA father and his teenage daughter who were Palestinian citizens of Israel were killed early Wednesday in a rocket attack launched by militants in Gaza.
- Amazon Wins Case Against EU Regulators Over Luxembourg TaxesThe European Commission has said the online giant got a sweetheart deal from Luxembourg that amounted to "illegal state aid" worth $303 million.
- Opinion: Africans Shouldn't Have To Pull Strings To Get COVID TreatmentWhen Maji Hailemariam and her dad got sick with COVID in Ethiopia, she was frustrated by how difficult it was to get tested and treated. She urges governments that it doesn't have to be that way.
- What The School Attack Means For Afghanistan's FutureShaharzad Akbar of the Afghanistan Independent Human Rights Commission says the viciousness of killing schoolgirls was especially devastating. She wants women present in peace talks.
- Behind The Humanitarian Crisis Caused By The Civil War In EthiopiaThe civil war in Ethiopia — which is going into its seventh month — has lead to an astonishing level of human suffering, with sexual violence being used as weapon of war.
- Biden Administration Urges Israelis And Palestinians To De-Escalate ViolenceThe White House has urged Israelis and Palestinians to de-escalate their conflict but it has started out with a tentative Mideast policy and not even an ambassador to Israel yet.
Like to Contact the Duke City Times Fill out the form below!
La Reina Mariachi Del Albuquerque
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.