Categories: Featured Stories
- The benefits of eating more protein as we age
- Headlines for October 15, 2021
- Staff as Students scheduled for Nov. 1
- Headlines for October 14, 2021
- UNM COEHS offers professional development courses for educational professionals around New Mexico
- UNM new student numbers increase substantially
- UNM hosts Fall Preview Day Saturday, Oct. 23
- It’s time to turn in FAFSA applications
- UNM Staff Council announces 2021 Outstanding Supervisor Award winners
- NMiF discusses the campaign money game, looming IATSE strike, and 'Our Land' series
- Haiti's kidnapping crisis is plunging the country even further into turmoilSeventeen missionaries were kidnapped by an armed gang in Haiti on Saturday. It was the latest in what experts are calling a kidnapping crisis in the country — a crisis largely driven by one gang.
- What 'Squid Game' gets right and wrong about Pakistani migrant workers One of the characters in the global Netflix hit is Ali Abdul, a Pakistani migrant working (and exploited) in South Korea. Pakistanis are weighing in on the character — and the casting.
- U.S. religious group says 17 missionaries have been kidnapped in HaitiThe missionary group, which included children, were on their way home from building an orphanage, according to a message from Ohio-based Christian Aid Ministries.
- A new crew docks at China's first permanent space stationThe three astronauts began their six-month mission on China's first permanent space station. The crew includes Wang Yaping, who is expected to become China's first female spacewalker.
- U.S. will provide condolence payments to families of Kabul drone strike victimsThe Aug. 29 U.S. drone strike was supposed to target ISIS-K members, but the attack killed 10 Afghan civilians. Now those victims' families will get unspecified condolence payments.
- A refugee at 4, he felt like a lost star. Now his voice shines in a graphic memoirWhen Stars Are Scattered is the story of Omar Mohamed's years at a refugee camp in Kenya. He cared for his brother and found the courage to dream big. The book was a National Book Awards finalist.
- Haiti faces disasters and chaos. Its people are most likely to be denied U.S. asylum Of 4,202 applications from late 2018 to June 2021 only 194 were granted asylum. Some Haitians say there's been a history of racism and mistreatment by U.S. authorities for more than a century.
- A New Zealand city is taking its official wizard off the payroll after over 2 decadesThe Christchurch City Council will end its contract with Ian Brackenbury Channell, reportedly the world's only state-appointed wizard. The "Wizard of New Zealand" has had a long and unique career.
- 'We belong here, we have always been here': A conversation on the Latinx identityAs Hispanic Heritage Month comes to an end, poet Yesika Salgado and Lázaro Lima, a professor at Hunter College, talk about what it means to be Latinx in the United States — and the world — in 2021.
- NASA's Lucy mission aims to travel billions of miles on the hunt for cosmic fossilsA NASA spacecraft is set to explore ancient asteroids clumped around Jupiter. The Lucy mission will travel billions of miles in hopes of uncovering the secret beginnings of the giant outer planets
Like to Contact the Duke City Times Fill out the form below!
La Reina Mariachi Del Albuquerque
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.