Categories: Featured Stories
- Ph.D. student Kevin Willson awarded NIFA Predoctoral Fellowship
- Lobo Language Acquisition Lab hosts School for Deaf Superintendent as series speaker
- Headlines for January 20, 2022
- Albuquerque Bernalillo County Water Utility Authority to temporarily close Campus Blvd.
- UNM unveils Adobe Creative Commons
- State of the State Address: NMiF analyzes Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham’s proposed investments
- Dress for success with the JCPenney virtual suit up event
- Friends and colleagues remember Dr. Michael Dougher
- Polli headlines Harwood virtual event Jan. 26
- Headlines for January 19, 2022
- French diplomat talks about the stakes of the ongoing Ukraine conflictNPR's Mary Louise Kelly speaks with Emmanuel Bonne, the diplomatic and national security advisor to French President Emmanuel Macron, about Russia and Ukraine.
- What a ban from the global messaging system for banks would mean for RussiaAs Russia places troops on the Ukrainian border, there's a financial nuclear weapon that Europe and the U.S. can use: ban Russia from the system most banks use to transfer money internationally.
- India's Supreme Court steps in after Hindu leaders call for violence against MuslimsVideo from a meeting in northern India shows Hindu leaders calling for attacks on Muslims. The crowd included politicians with ties to Prime Minister Modi. Two men have been arrested for hate speech.
- Despite fears of a Russian invasion, one Ukrainian family tries to keep life normal"You have to find ways to live a normal life," says a mother of four in Kyiv. She and her family keep their car full of fuel and plan to take refuge in a village outside the capital if Russia attacks.
- 2 big energy firms exit Myanmar over human rights abuses by the military governmentTotal Energies and Chevron say they are stopping all operations in Myanmar, citing rampant human rights abuses and deteriorating rule of law since the military overthrew the elected government.
- The U.S. and Russia are talking, and Ukraine's fate hangs in the balanceSecretary of State Antony Blinken and his Russian counterpart, Sergey Lavrov, ended talks in Geneva with no major breakthroughs but an agreement to keep talking.
- China is limiting the Olympics torch relay to three daysThe flame will be displayed only in enclosed venues that are deemed "safe and controllable," according to officials.
- A nuclear-test monitor calls Tonga volcano blast 'biggest thing that we've ever seen'A station to detect nuclear weapons tests picked up the volcanic eruption in Tonga from Antarctica. Some experts say the blast could be more than 50 megatons, while NASA estimates 6-10 megatons.
- Dozens of former guests are rallying to save a Tonga resortIt's just one of the ways the world is rallying to help the people of the remote Pacific island nation rebuild.
- A Saudi-led airstrike on a Yemen prison kills, injures more than 100, Red Cross saysThe strike against a prison run by Yemen's Houthi rebels is part of a pounding aerial offensive that hours earlier saw another airstrike take the Arab world's poorest country off the internet.
- Stay Aware of Those Sneaky Winter Weather Hazards!
- 2021 Annual Weather Highlights
Like to Contact the Duke City Times Fill out the form below!
La Reina Mariachi Del Albuquerque
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.