Categories: Featured Stories
- UNM’s College of Arts and Sciences announces Regents’ Professors
- Headlines for June 11, 2021
- UNM to conduct test of its emergency notification systems Tuesday, June 15
- SUB hosts showing of international soccer tournament
- UNM Anderson School of Management receives Outdoor Recreation Business Accelerator Grant
- University of New Mexico selects Studio Ma for College of Fine Arts Master Facility Plan
- Headlines for June 10, 2021
- Scientists study how regional climate variability affects animals in North American drylands
- Lobo Living Room features UNM College of Education and Human Sciences
- New Mexico Lottery Scholarship to cover full base tuition in 2021-22
- Israel Has Become The 1st Country To Ban The Sale Of Most Fur ClothingIsrael has become the first country to outlaw the controversial clothing material that opponents say leads to the slaughter of millions of animals each year.
- The Man Accused Of Hitting A Muslim Family With His Car Is Facing Terrorism ChargesCanadian prosecutors have accused Nathaniel Veltman of driving down and killing four members of a Muslim family in Ontario. Police allege the incident was a premeditated attack targeting Muslims.
- Investigators Find Remains of 17 Victims Under A Suspected Serial Killer's HouseAuthorities in Mexico say they have found nearly 4,000 bone fragments so far under a home on the outskirts of Mexico City. The 72-year-old suspect, now in police custody, is a former butcher.
- 2 Americans Are Standing Trial In Japan Over Allegedly Helping Carlos Ghosn EscapeOn the opening day of their trial in Tokyo, statements from the two U.S. citizens suggest that they don't plan to fight charges of assisting former Nissan chairman Carlos Ghosn flee Japan.
- Iranians Will Choose From 7 Presidential Candidates FridayVoters are concerned about the economy, including a shortage of food and medicine, as well as a lack of COVID-19 vaccines.
- Africa May Be On The Verge Of A Third Wave Of COVID-19 InfectionsSome countries are seeing record levels of new daily cases with low vaccination rates.
- Cybersecurity Will Be A Key Topic Of Discussion Between Biden And PutinRecent cybersecurity attacks in the U.S. were traced to Russian groups, who likely are known to the Kremlin.
- India's COVID-19 Outbreak Is Slowing DownDeath rates are high in India, but the rate of new cases is slowing down.
- China Has Promised To Go Carbon-Neutral By 2060, But Coal Is Still KingThis year, China pledged to go carbon-neutral by 2060. It has invested heavily in solar, wind and nuclear energy. Still, coal-fired heavy industry made up 37% of its economic activity last year.
- 5 Things To Watch At The Biden-Putin SummitThe June 16 Geneva summit between President Biden and Russian President Vladimir Putin is a chance for the two leaders to map out how they will manage a difficult relationship. Here's what to know.
- 2021 Monsoon Outlook for Central & Northern New Mexico
- Call for Presentations until June 25th for the SW Aviation Weather Safety Workshop (Nov 5-6, 2021)
- 100Â° Facts for Albuquerque and other New Mexico Locations
- May 2021 Monthly Weather Highlights
- Monsoon Awareness Week: Discussing Flash Flooding
Like to Contact the Duke City Times Fill out the form below!
La Reina Mariachi Del Albuquerque
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.