Categories: Featured Stories
Click Image to Protect New Mexicos Children By Signing The New Mexico Victoria Martens ACT
- Wells Fargo to pay billions to avoid criminal prosecution
- Infamous NM murder case to be featured on NBC's Dateline
- Slain officer's widow said memorial vandalism is a 'slap in the face'
- Crews clear rollover on I-25 in Albuquerque
- High school sports highlights on New Mexico Gameday- 2-21-2020
- Katie Sepich's parents reflect on Dateline episode, daughter's legacy
- Person shot, killed at bar in Albuquerque
- Report- NMs outdoor recreation is thriving
- US, Taliban truce takes effect, setting stage for peace deal
- Gladiators new coach has been busy
- WATCH LIVE: Nevada Democratic Caucus 2020 February 22, 2020LAS VEGAS (KLAS) -- The Nevada caucuses are here and Democratic candidates are down to the wire hoping to connect to voters and delegates before they go into caucus today. 8 News Now will have live coverage online, on social media and over the air during the entire caucus process and provide updates of results as they come in.
- APD investigating body found at homeless healthcare clinic February 22, 2020ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – APD’s homicide unit is currently investigating the death of an individual found at a northwest Albuquerque health clinic. Officers at the scene near Albuquerque Healthcare for the Homeless on First and Mountain say they found a dead female in a tent with signs of trauma. The woman has not been identified. […]Scott Brown
- Albuquerque Police add three new names to Metro 15 February 22, 2020ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – The Albuquerque Police Department added three names to its Metro 15 most wanted list. 78-year-old Daniel Benavidez had been added to the list for child rape charges. Meanwhile, 33-year-old Benjamin Pace is facing charges including battery and aggravated assault for allegedly attacking his girlfriend with a knife and threatening to […]KRQE Media
- Fatal bus crash in Southern California leaves 3 Dead, 18 Hospitalized February 22, 2020PALA MESA, CA (KFMB) – Three people are dead and several others were injured after a bus rolled over several times and crashed into an embankment in Pala Mesa, California on Saturday. North County Fire Protection District Fire Chief Stephen Abbott said the bus rollover appeared to be a solo vehicle accident. He said at […]KRQE Media
- Albuquerque firefighter hopes recruiting video will attract more applicants February 22, 2020ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – It’s not a problem Albuquerque Fire Rescue is used to having. They’re not getting as many applicants as they once were and, now, a firefighter is helping change that. “Video editing for me is like a form of therapy. I just can zone out and try different things. It does help to […]Brittany Bade
- Super STEM Saturday features hands-on experiments, entertainment February 23, 2020ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – Hundreds turned out for the state’s largest hands-on experiment and demonstration fair promoting science, technology, engineering, and math. Super STEM Saturday is designed to get kids excited about STEM education and job opportunities in our state, like robotics, coding, and more. Several universities, sports teams, and laboratori […]KRQE Media
- Four-vehicle crash shuts down Albuquerque intersection February 23, 2020ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – A car wreck shut down a busy Albuquerque intersection Saturday afternoon. Police confirmed that four vehicles were involved in a head-on collision at Unser and Sage and shut down the intersection for about an hour to investigate. No word on if there were any injuries.KRQE Media
- Body matching missing Farmington woman found in Arizona February 23, 2020SAN JUAN COUNTY, N.M. (KRQE) – The body of a New Mexico woman missing for more than a month could have been found in Arizona. Sheriff’s Deputies in Coconino County, Arizona found a female’s body near Flagstaff, matching the general description of Sasha Krause. She’s the 27-year-old Mennonite woman who was last seen in January […]KRQE Media
- Woman douses self in lighter fluid, sparks SWAT situation February 22, 2020ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – A woman is now in custody after an altercation at an Albuquerque drug store and a SWAT standoff. According to a criminal complaint, 30-year-old Victoria Chavez pulled a knife on employees and customers at the Walgreens at Gibson and 98th Street Friday. Chavez then told those at the store she had […]Scott Brown
- CNM breaks ground on solar farm at westside campus February 22, 2020ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – A new solar farm will not only provide power to Central New Mexico Community College’s westside campus but it will also serve as an educational tool. Crews have broken ground on the 1.3-megawatt solar facility just south of the campus near Universe and McMahon. It’s expected to generate around 50 percent of […]KRQE Media
- Man involved in apartment fire wanted for child rape February 22, 2020ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – One of the people involved in an apartment fire on Friday morning turned out to be wanted for child rape. Officers were called around 7:00 a.m. to the La Vida Nueva Apartments near Yale and Cesar Chavez for reports that people were fighting and someone had set a fire inside one of […]KRQE Media
- City of Albuquerque delays request to suspend some of DOJ requirements February 22, 2020ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – After the mayor announced he was pushing to relax the requirements of the city’s Department of Justice’s agreement, the city is now delaying that request. Under the agreement with the feds to reform the Albuquerque Police Department’s use of force practices, the department has to follow al ist of 276 requirements. During […] […]KRQE Media
- New county policies aim to cut down on surrendered animals February 22, 2020ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – Bernalillo County is trying to cut down on the number of pets that get surrendered to the shelter. The county’s new policies are aimed at educating the public on resources that might help them keep their animals. Before people can surrender their pets, they will have to speak with an animal care […]KRQE Media
- ART buses seeing more riders than old Rapid Ride service February 22, 2020ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – New ridership data appears to show the city’s newly launched Albuquerque Rapid Transit bus system is drawing more riders than the prior system it replaced. Even before ART’s infrastructure was built, the city’s big promise was that ART would double the amount of ridership along the Central Avenue corridor as compared to […] […]Chris McKee
- Angel Fire hosts ‘Mardi Gras in the Rockies’ February 22, 2020NEW MEXICO (KRQE) – If you can’t make it to New Orleans for Mardi Gras, you’re in luck, there’s a celebration much closer to home. Angel Fire Resort is hosting ‘Mardi Gras in the Rockies.’ A five-day family-friendly festival that kicked off on Friday. There are lots of costumes, live music, parades and cajun-inspired cuisine. On […]KRQE Media
- Beefily Ever After November 18, 2016In our last episode, we learn how to drink tea, build human towers, watch the sunset forever and find the Ian inside all of us.
- Freedom, Justice, or Peter Sagal November 11, 2016We learn what happened to a two-thousand year-old toe, and what to do when our voices make you sick.
- StoryCorn November 4, 2016Devil In The White City author Erik Larson helps us write gooder, and we tell you how to snack silently at the movies.
- We Accidentally Made A Halloween Episode October 28, 2016Mark Bittman helps us answer a very creepy question, and we learn who's helping the Obamas move.
- Romancing The Cod October 21, 2016How to talk to fish and protect your yard signs.
- Trust Him On The Frustum October 13, 2016We help you brush that dirt off your shoulder and get the most out of your Reese's.
- The Never-Ending Cave October 7, 2016We tell you how to get deep and how to fake childhood memories.
- The Sound of Silence September 30, 2016A listener needs help opening his Velcro bag quietly, so we call in the military.
- Fiddlin', Gruntin', Snorin' and Carlin' September 23, 2016How to get people to remember your name and find thousands of worms. Note: this episode talks about curse words but bleeps them out. It's educational, but there's a lot of cursing.
- The Champ September 16, 2016We tell you how to keep your fries crispy and make your friends cry.
- Usain/Boat September 9, 2016How to lose to Usain Bolt by a slightly smaller margin, and another use for your bowling shoes.
- Bonny's Dream September 2, 2016How to endure hearing someone describe their dream.
- Bears and Bubbles August 26, 2016How to bathe discreetly and get close to a panda.
- Bears, Tigers, Leeches, and Spicy Food August 19, 2016How to pick a winner in a bear v. tiger fight, find an endangered species, and eat spicy food.
- Best Man O' War August 12, 2016How to train your pet jellyfish and plan a wedding no one will forget.
- The Only Olympics Guide You'll Ever Need August 5, 2016With how-to advice from a bunch of Olympians and Patrick Stewart.
- Lyin' Eyes July 29, 2016How to protect your cow and pull a loose tooth.
- Merry Chrismas! July 21, 2016How to celebrate your new favorite holiday and enjoy the Summer Olympics.
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Get out the vote
There was an error retrieving images from Instagram. An attempt will be remade in a few minutes.