Categories: Featured Stories
Click Image to Protect New Mexicos Children By Signing The New Mexico Victoria Martens ACT
- Students, coworkers celebrate teacher's 20 years of sobriety
- Martinez hits hard early, wins unanimous decision
- Boxer is still valuable to local promoters despite 1-27 record
- Albuquerques Moreu, Perez seek to keep alive Olympic dreams
- Caroll Spinney, voice of Sesame Street characters Big Bird and Oscar the Grouch, dies
- Live grenade found in donated dresser at Habitat for Humanity store
- CAUGHT ON CAM- NBA star gives shoes to 17-year-old fan
- FBI says it presumes Pensacola naval base shooting was act of terrorism
- Federal workers to get 12 weeks of paid parental leave, Schumer says
- Man in $400,000 GoFundMe scam case pleads guilty and agrees to state prison sentence
- Albuquerque dentist indicted on felony medical insurance fraud wants charges dismissed December 9, 2019ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – An Albuquerque dentist charged with felony medical insurance fraud and practicing on patients without a license is claiming he’s innocent. Now, he says he wants his chance to tell his side of the story. “We have strong defenses. He’s got strong arguments to make. He was never allowed to make those […]Jeannie Nguyen
- LIVE Trump impeachment hearings & analysis: Committee vote nears December 9, 2019The House Judiciary Committee will hold its second public Impeachment hearing, where counsels for two committees will present their findings to lawmakers and the American public.WFLA 8 On Your Side Staff
- Erica’s Monday Morning Forecast December 9, 2019Unsettled weather continues this morning from the weekend. Snow showers will come to an end in the northern mountains by mid-morning, and rain showers to the south will stick around until this evening, with a couple showers lingering in the SE until Tuesday morning. Temperatures will be cooling down big time on the east side […]Erica Meyer
- Valencia High School teacher creating free ‘thrift store’ for students in need December 9, 2019LOS LUNAS, N.M. (KRQE) – There’s a thrift store inside a New Mexico high school with clothes, shoes, winter coats and more, all free of charge. It was started by a math teacher who says the store is now thriving after her students stepped in to help. Within the first few weeks of school, Celestria […]Jami Seymore
- 2019 New Mexico Bowl match up has been announced December 9, 2019ALBUQUERQUE N.M. (KRQE)- Bowl Games have been announced for College Football, and the 2019 New Mexico Bowl will play host to the San Diego Aztecs and Central Michigan University. Former UNM Head Football Coach Rocky Long will return to his old stomping grounds as his 9-3 SDSU Aztecs takes on 8-5 Central Michigan. This marks […]Jared Chester
- Chester’s Pick 6: Top 6 plays or players of the week December 9, 2019ALBUQUERQUE N.M. (KRQE)- In this edition of Pick 6 we highlight the great overall and individual performances of the week. Huge dunks, great touchdowns, and amazing resilience are all showcased. Here is the list: Tim Means ENMU Football Weini Kelati JaQuan Lyle Carlton Bragg Natalie JojolaJared Chester
- NM Runners win season opener on Saturday, 12-5 December 9, 2019ALBUQUERQUE N.M. (KRQE)- The New Mexico Runners indoor soccer team opened their season on Saturday at Santa Ana Star Center with a 12-5 victory over the Austin Power, 12-5. This is a great way to start off this team’s second year of existence. “It was a lot better than last year. We started with goals, […]Jared Chester
- World Anti-Doping Agency imposes 4-year ban on Russia December 9, 2019LAUSANNE, Switzerland (AP) — The Russian flag and national anthem were banned from next year’s Tokyo Olympics and other major sports events for four years on Monday. Russia’s hosting of world championships in Olympic sports also face being stripped after the World Anti-Doping Agency executive committee approved a full slate of recommended sanctions as punish […]GRAHAM DUNBAR, Associated Press
- Gunman, victim die in Tucumcari shooting December 8, 2019TUCUMCARI, N.M. (KRQE) – New Mexico State Police are investigating a fatal shooting that happened Friday night at a Tucumcari Pizza Hut. According to police, Jimmy Chavez was confronted by 23-year-old Flip Anaya inside the Pizza Hut and they began to argue. Once outside, Anaya took out a gun and allegedly shot Chavez. When police […]Scott Brown
- Gingerbread builders of all ages gather in Corrales December 8, 2019CORRALES, N.M. (KRQE) – Families across Corrales got the chance to celebrate the holidays by making gingerbread houses. Organizers say the village tradition is four years old. For a small fee, the Corrales Arts Center supplied unique decorations. But the fun wasn’t just for kids, adults made sure to get in on the action too. […]Scott Brown
- APD civilian oversight board struggling to fill vacancies December 7, 2019ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – City councilors are hearing concerns about a continued number of vacancies on the civilian volunteer group tasked with police oversight. At an Albuquerque city council meeting Monday, councilors were told that by February 2020, the city’s Police Oversight Board will have three vacancies, leaving the board with six of nine members. […]Chris McKee
- Convicted child rapist on trial again December 7, 2019ESPAÑOLA, N.M. (KRQE) – A former Española teacher, who is already serving a 108-year sentence for raping his students, is on trial again. Gary Gregor was convicted on twelve counts of kidnapping and sexual misconduct, for assaulting two students at Fairview Elementary in 2007 and 2008. He’s being accused of raping at least eight other […]Scott Brown
- 2019 Twinkle Light Parade route, closures December 7, 2019ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – Big crowds are expected to gather in Nob Hill Saturday, Dec. 7 for the annual Twinkle Light Parade. The parade, which starts around 5:15 p.m., will roll west on Central Ave. through Nob Hill from Washington St. to Girard Blvd. That stretch of Central Ave. will be closed to traffic beginning at […]KRQE Media
- Albuquerque dentist charged with felony loses license December 7, 2019ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – An Albuquerque dentist facing felony charges, has had his license revoked. The state’s insurance oversight agency started investigating William Gardner earlier this year when they got a tip he was submitting falsified x-rays to insurance carriers to justify unnecessary procedures. The state’s regulation and licensing board did its […]Scott Brown
- VIDEO: Third ART bus collision caught on tape December 7, 2019ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – Newly-released video shows the latest crash between a car and an ART bus. The crash happened Thursday afternoon on Central and Monroe when a driver turned left in front of the bus. The city said the driver reported being confused, thinking he was getting over into the turn lane. But just […]Scott Brown
- Beefily Ever After November 18, 2016In our last episode, we learn how to drink tea, build human towers, watch the sunset forever and find the Ian inside all of us.
- Freedom, Justice, or Peter Sagal November 11, 2016We learn what happened to a two-thousand year-old toe, and what to do when our voices make you sick.
- StoryCorn November 4, 2016Devil In The White City author Erik Larson helps us write gooder, and we tell you how to snack silently at the movies.
- We Accidentally Made A Halloween Episode October 28, 2016Mark Bittman helps us answer a very creepy question, and we learn who's helping the Obamas move.
- Romancing The Cod October 21, 2016How to talk to fish and protect your yard signs.
- Trust Him On The Frustum October 13, 2016We help you brush that dirt off your shoulder and get the most out of your Reese's.
- The Never-Ending Cave October 7, 2016We tell you how to get deep and how to fake childhood memories.
- The Sound of Silence September 30, 2016A listener needs help opening his Velcro bag quietly, so we call in the military.
- Fiddlin', Gruntin', Snorin' and Carlin' September 23, 2016How to get people to remember your name and find thousands of worms. Note: this episode talks about curse words but bleeps them out. It's educational, but there's a lot of cursing.
- The Champ September 16, 2016We tell you how to keep your fries crispy and make your friends cry.
- Usain/Boat September 9, 2016How to lose to Usain Bolt by a slightly smaller margin, and another use for your bowling shoes.
- Bonny's Dream September 2, 2016How to endure hearing someone describe their dream.
- Bears and Bubbles August 26, 2016How to bathe discreetly and get close to a panda.
- Bears, Tigers, Leeches, and Spicy Food August 19, 2016How to pick a winner in a bear v. tiger fight, find an endangered species, and eat spicy food.
- Best Man O' War August 12, 2016How to train your pet jellyfish and plan a wedding no one will forget.
- The Only Olympics Guide You'll Ever Need August 5, 2016With how-to advice from a bunch of Olympians and Patrick Stewart.
- Lyin' Eyes July 29, 2016How to protect your cow and pull a loose tooth.
- Merry Chrismas! July 21, 2016How to celebrate your new favorite holiday and enjoy the Summer Olympics.
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Get out the vote
There was an error retrieving images from Instagram. An attempt will be remade in a few minutes.