Categories: Featured Stories
Click Image to Protect New Mexicos Children By Signing The New Mexico Victoria Martens ACT
- Editorial- Bernalillo County vote to exempt pet project reeks of hypocrisy
- Spirit of the season flows through Nob Hill
- APD, City of Albuquerque raise awareness of cyber danger, child abuse
- Advocacy groups criticize pace of police reforms
- Albuquerque Involved has given $200K to local nonprofit community
- Lujan Grisham picked to head Democratic governors group
- Editorial- Airmans death is a reminder that DWI still plagues NM
- Legislature passes COVID relief in 1-day session
- Netflix plans significant expansion in ABQ
- City to disburse $2.5 million for emergency pandemic relief
- DA's Office initiating fewer felony cases this year December 4, 2020ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) - The Bernalillo County District Attorney said the pandemic is letting criminals off the hook. The two ways to start a felony case is either by grand jury indictment or a preliminary hearing to determine probable cause. Grand jury indictments haven't been allowed since March due to the pandemic which the district [...]Courtney Allen
- Local community comes together to give aid to Navajo Nation December 4, 2020ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) - As families suffer during the pandemic, New Mexicans are coming together to help others. On Thursday, it was a community-wide effort tin Albuquerque to get supplies to one of the hardest hit areas of the state. With high infection rates and low resources, the Navajo Nation has faced devastating loss from [...]Jessica Garate
- Vigil held for teen killed in Tijeras car crash December 4, 2020ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) - Family, friends, and community members gathered to remember a former student athlete who was killed over the weekend in a car crash. People said they came out to honor 19-year-old Zach Mascarenas' memory. "This right now, like I said, is unreal that my baby boy is gone," said Mascarenas' dad, Nate. [...]Rachel Knapp
- Grant's Thursday Night Forecast December 4, 2020NEW MEXICO (KRQE) - Another frigid night in store, but warmer weather on the way into the weekend. With clear skies, calm winds, and already cold air in place, another frigid night is on the way across New Mexico. Temperatures will once again be falling well below freezing across the entire state. However, warmer weather [...]Grant Tosterud
- World boxing champ Angelo Leo first title defense delayed due to COVID-19 December 4, 2020ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) - New Mexico boxing fans have been waiting for December 19. That was going to be the date of WBO Junior Featherweight Champion Angelo Leo's first title defense. Leo found out this week that he tested positive for COVID-19. The fight against Stephen Fulton has been pushed back to January, a date [...]Van Tate
- 'Pig house' owner appeals to city council to avoid demolition December 4, 2020ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) - The effort to tear down an Albuquerque home known as the "pig house" still has another hurdle to clear. For more than two decades, neighbors have been trying to get something done about the dilapidated and trash-strewn property near Louisiana and Copper, which has been the subject of Larry Barker investigations. [...]KRQE Staff
- UNM researchers using UV light to fight COVID-19 December 4, 2020ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) - Researchers at UNM are exploring how certain polymers can be combined with UV light to create a long-lasting COVID-19 killer. Dr. David Whitten is heading a team developing a way to disinfect surfaces with long-lasting effects. He says the problem with disinfectants like Lysol and Clorox is that they are volatile, [...]KRQE Staff
- Alamogordo Chamber of Commerce hosts cookie drive for Holloman airmen December 4, 2020ALAMOGORDO, N.M. (KRQE) - For those interested in spreading holiday cheer and maybe do some baking, Alamogordo's Chamber of Commerce is hosting a cookie drive for Holloman's airmen residing in the dorms. Cookies should be individually bagged with three cookies per bag. Those can be dropped off at the Chamber of Commerce of Holloman's community […]KRQE Staff
- New Mexico ski resorts set to reopen December 4, 2020SANTA FE, N.M. (KRQE) - Ski Santa Fe announced Thursday they would be starting their ski season starting Saturday, Dec. 5. In a press release, the resort announced they would open on a 22" base of natural and man-made snow. The resort did mention they would be following state-mandated COVID-19 guidelines. Officials say skiers need [...]KRQE Staff
- Mouse could be become extinct due to grazing in Lincoln National Forest December 4, 2020ALAMOGORDO, N.M. (KRQE) - Wildlife experts say a New Mexico mouse could be on its way to extinction because of grazing violations. A study last month looked into the population of the New Mexico meadow jumping mouse in the Lincoln National Forest. The study showed very few mice could be found. The mice live near [...]KRQE Staff
- U.S. House passes bill that would prohibit public contact with big cats, like tigers December 4, 2020The bill gained momentum after the very popular Netflix series, "Tiger King," which featured "Doc" Antle's Myrtle Beach Safari.Kevin Accettulla and Nexstar Media Wire
- 12-year-old boy accepted to Georgia Tech; hopes to become aerospace engineer December 4, 2020A 12-year-old Georgia boy is making history after being admitted to Georgia Tech.Felicia Bolton
- More than 25 people rescued from human smuggling operation in Texas December 4, 2020Houston Police rescued approximately 26 people from a "human smuggling operation" on Thursday night, authorities said.Michael Geheren
- Beefily Ever After November 18, 2016In our last episode, we learn how to drink tea, build human towers, watch the sunset forever and find the Ian inside all of us.
- Freedom, Justice, or Peter Sagal November 11, 2016We learn what happened to a two-thousand year-old toe, and what to do when our voices make you sick.
- StoryCorn November 4, 2016Devil In The White City author Erik Larson helps us write gooder, and we tell you how to snack silently at the movies.
- We Accidentally Made A Halloween Episode October 28, 2016Mark Bittman helps us answer a very creepy question, and we learn who's helping the Obamas move.
- Romancing The Cod October 21, 2016How to talk to fish and protect your yard signs.
- Trust Him On The Frustum October 13, 2016We help you brush that dirt off your shoulder and get the most out of your Reese's.
- The Never-Ending Cave October 7, 2016We tell you how to get deep and how to fake childhood memories.
- The Sound of Silence September 30, 2016A listener needs help opening his Velcro bag quietly, so we call in the military.
- Fiddlin', Gruntin', Snorin' and Carlin' September 23, 2016How to get people to remember your name and find thousands of worms. Note: this episode talks about curse words but bleeps them out. It's educational, but there's a lot of cursing.
- The Champ September 16, 2016We tell you how to keep your fries crispy and make your friends cry.
- Usain/Boat September 9, 2016How to lose to Usain Bolt by a slightly smaller margin, and another use for your bowling shoes.
- Bonny's Dream September 2, 2016How to endure hearing someone describe their dream.
- Bears and Bubbles August 26, 2016How to bathe discreetly and get close to a panda.
- Bears, Tigers, Leeches, and Spicy Food August 19, 2016How to pick a winner in a bear v. tiger fight, find an endangered species, and eat spicy food.
- Best Man O' War August 12, 2016How to train your pet jellyfish and plan a wedding no one will forget.
- The Only Olympics Guide You'll Ever Need August 5, 2016With how-to advice from a bunch of Olympians and Patrick Stewart.
- Lyin' Eyes July 29, 2016How to protect your cow and pull a loose tooth.
- Merry Chrismas! July 21, 2016How to celebrate your new favorite holiday and enjoy the Summer Olympics.
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Get out the vote
No Instagram images were found.