Categories: Featured Stories
Click Image to Protect New Mexicos Children By Signing The New Mexico Victoria Martens ACT
- Virgen- Helicopter tragedy hits home
- Elusive emu captured, now back home
- Woman, son found dead in Rocky Mountain National Park IDd
- Ex-elementary teacher sentenced to additional time
- New procedure available to treat enlarged prostate
- ABQ 4WARD- Point system determines whether 'youthful offenders' are locked up
- Rally highlights efforts to help immigrants
- Rocky Long returning to Lobos as defensive coordinator
- Crowding and officer shortages still plague NM prisons
- Divided APS board allows alternative calendar option
- ‘Red flag’ gun bill moves forward after passing Senate committee January 28, 2020SANTA FE, N.M. (KRQE) – A proposed gun control bill passed its first hurdle in a Senate committee Tuesday afternoon. The ‘red flag’ bill would temporarily take away someone’s guns if they’re seen as a threat to themselves or to others. There were so many people who wanted to speak, that the committee had to […]KRQE Media
- Mag 7.7 quake hits between Cuba and Jamaica, but no injuries January 28, 2020HAVANA (AP) — A powerful magnitude 7.7 earthquake struck in the Caribbean Sea between Jamaica and eastern Cuba on Tuesday, shaking a vast area from Mexico to Florida and beyond, but there were no reports of casualties or heavy damage. The quake was centered 139 kilometers (86 miles) northwest of Montego Bay, Jamaica, and 140 […]MICHAEL WEISSENSTEIN, Associated Press
- VIDEO: Albuquerque woman cited after nearly crashing into officer going 60 mph January 28, 2020ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – Albuquerque Police are calling a woman “lucky” after nearly hitting an officer going more than double the speed limit. Lapel video shows the moments right after that near-miss, and how this woman could have faced more charges. Police say Micaela Baca was driving about 60 mph into the traffic circle at […]Jeannie Nguyen
- Local gym creates “Mamba Mentality” workout challenge in honor of late Kobe Bryant January 29, 2020LAS CRUCES, N.M. (KTSM) – One day after NBA super star, Kobe Bryant (41) and his daughter Gianna Bryant (13) were killed in a helicopter crash, Crunch Fitness gym in Las Cruces created a the “Mamba Mentality Challenge” in Bryant’s honor. ‘Mamba Mentality’, the challenge named after Kobe Bryant’s famous nickname ‘Black Mamba’ was created by […] […]Celina Quintana
- Albuquerque house flippers taking on more nuisance properties January 29, 2020ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – Nuisance properties are all over Albuquerque, and the city has been working really hard to get them either fixed up or torn down. So far, they’ve seen an upward trend of people buying unlivable homes and turning them around. “From the start, we’ve pretty much, like I said, gutted everything. There was […]Rebecca Atkins
- Video shows police chasing man involved in head-on crash January 29, 2020ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – Video shows the Albuquerque 20-year-old who can’t seem to stay out of trouble get arrested again. Lapel video shows state police chasing Matthew Nieto along I-40 before he crashed into another car near Eubank and Lomas; that’s when he took off. “I’m going to tase you,” said the State Police officer when […]Brady Wakayama
- State agency apologizes after vehicle caught wrongfully parked in handicap spot January 29, 2020ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – You’re not above the law. That’s what some people are saying to state employees after a state agency car was found wrongfully parked in a handicap spot at Main Event on Monday. The incident, in which the car is half parked in a handicap spot and half in a no parking zone, […]Annalisa Pardo
- Crews begin work to replace Roswell water tower January 29, 2020ROSWELL, N.M. (KRQE) – Work is underway in Roswell to replace a decades-old water tower. Crews are replacing a 500,000-gallon tank near the airport with two 750,00 gallon tanks. That will not only increase capacity and pressure, but the additional tower will allow the city to maintain one tower without impacting service on the other. The […]KRQE Media
- Man rescued after falling off bridge along I-25 near Isleta January 29, 2020ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – A freak accident landed on Albuquerque man in the hospital. He fell off a bridge over the bosque. It happened on I-25 near Isleta at about 5:30 a.m. The Bernalillo County Fire Department says the driver pulled over to use the restroom and fell over the concrete barrier. The department says there […]KRQE Media
- Grant’s Tuesday Evening Forecast January 29, 2020We are sandwiched in between two weather systems today as temperatures remained mild and skies are sunny. The next chance for rain and snow across New Mexico returns Wednesday. Rain and snow will start to spread across western New Mexico Wednesday morning. Rain chances will move into the metro by Wednesday afternoon. Into the evening […]Grant Tosterud
- Murder suspect wants key evidence thrown out January 29, 2020ESPANOLA, N.M. (KRQE) – The man charged in the murder of an Espanola teen wants key evidence thrown out: the statements made by a now-deceased witness. Mark Hice is accused of killing 18-year-old Cameron Martinez in 2018, in what investigators called a case of mistaken identity. He was shot to death near the Ohkay Owingeh […]KRQE Media
- Santa Fe County considers closing juvenile detention center January 28, 2020SANTA FE, N.M. (KRQE) – The Santa Fe County Juvenile Detention Center could be closing its doors. The county commission is scheduled to discuss the issue Tuesday night. Officials say they’ve seen a steady decline in the number of juvenile offenders in recent years while operating costs have gone up. They believe transporting the inmates would […]KRQE Media
- Roswell police renew plea for help in finding suspected murderer January 28, 2020ROSWELL, N.M. (KRQE) – Roswell Police are renewing their plea for help finding a suspected killer and kidnapper. They have named Jorge Rico Ruvira as their most wanted offender. He is accused of murdering his girlfriend and then kidnapped their 3-year-old son and fleeing. Investigators believe he could be in Mexico. The FBI is offering […]KRQE Media
- Man arrested for holding estranged wife captive January 28, 2020ROSWELL, N.M. (KRQE) – A New Mexico man was arrested after police say he held his estranged wife captive. Last Wednesday, the woman claims 38-year-old Lorenzo Sanchez forced himself inside her camper trailer in Roswell. She says he threatened to kill her with a knife and a blow torch if she ever tried to leave. […]KRQE Media
- Beefily Ever After November 18, 2016In our last episode, we learn how to drink tea, build human towers, watch the sunset forever and find the Ian inside all of us.
- Freedom, Justice, or Peter Sagal November 11, 2016We learn what happened to a two-thousand year-old toe, and what to do when our voices make you sick.
- StoryCorn November 4, 2016Devil In The White City author Erik Larson helps us write gooder, and we tell you how to snack silently at the movies.
- We Accidentally Made A Halloween Episode October 28, 2016Mark Bittman helps us answer a very creepy question, and we learn who's helping the Obamas move.
- Romancing The Cod October 21, 2016How to talk to fish and protect your yard signs.
- Trust Him On The Frustum October 13, 2016We help you brush that dirt off your shoulder and get the most out of your Reese's.
- The Never-Ending Cave October 7, 2016We tell you how to get deep and how to fake childhood memories.
- The Sound of Silence September 30, 2016A listener needs help opening his Velcro bag quietly, so we call in the military.
- Fiddlin', Gruntin', Snorin' and Carlin' September 23, 2016How to get people to remember your name and find thousands of worms. Note: this episode talks about curse words but bleeps them out. It's educational, but there's a lot of cursing.
- The Champ September 16, 2016We tell you how to keep your fries crispy and make your friends cry.
- Usain/Boat September 9, 2016How to lose to Usain Bolt by a slightly smaller margin, and another use for your bowling shoes.
- Bonny's Dream September 2, 2016How to endure hearing someone describe their dream.
- Bears and Bubbles August 26, 2016How to bathe discreetly and get close to a panda.
- Bears, Tigers, Leeches, and Spicy Food August 19, 2016How to pick a winner in a bear v. tiger fight, find an endangered species, and eat spicy food.
- Best Man O' War August 12, 2016How to train your pet jellyfish and plan a wedding no one will forget.
- The Only Olympics Guide You'll Ever Need August 5, 2016With how-to advice from a bunch of Olympians and Patrick Stewart.
- Lyin' Eyes July 29, 2016How to protect your cow and pull a loose tooth.
- Merry Chrismas! July 21, 2016How to celebrate your new favorite holiday and enjoy the Summer Olympics.
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Get out the vote
There was an error retrieving images from Instagram. An attempt will be remade in a few minutes.
As good a place to start as any would be an understatement.
Coming from the Pacific Northwest I am a visitor and observer to Albuquerque.
Artistically and aesthetically this city is alive. No doubt about it.
But there is also foundation and tradition that binds the more fragile and untamed together like an unspoken understanding.
Being creative here is encouraged and dreams are truly recognised as worthy and approachable.
Casually, a city. Although, a break from the hunt-or-be-hunted mindset of Los Angeles.
I say that because entertainment and media here is just more down to earth.
As any artist struggles with an idea there is no smoke and mirrors to obscure an original intention.
Because all are welcomed.
Hope that doesn’t wear off Abq.
[Mike from Oregon]