Categories: Featured Stories
Click Image to Protect New Mexicos Children By Signing The New Mexico Victoria Martens ACT
- Woman indicted in Taos compound case unable to stand trial because of mental disease
- Orchard reports an estimated 22,000 apples suddenly stolen
- Mulvaney- US military aid to Ukraine held up in part over election probe
- Arlens Playground- Man boasts decades-old model train set
- Bookworks, The City Of Albuquerque, And WordCraft Circle Present Joy Harjo
- Push for plumbing chronicles sanitation pioneers crusade for more toilets
- Albuquerques 2019 Local Election Information
- Fine dine with bugs at the Albuquerque BioPark
- Albuquerque crime dropping- Which offenses are leading the trend?
- Six finalists named for CNM president
- Woman killed in SE Albuquerque shooting overnight October 19, 2019ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – Albuquerque Police are investigating an overnight shooting that left one woman dead. APD says they were sent to the 12000 block of Granite NE near Lomas and Tramway after a call about a car crash with injuries. After arriving, they found the car that crashed at the address. Inside, they found […]Jami Seymore
- Police look for shooter firing stray bullets into buildings, RVs October 19, 2019BELEN, N.M. (KRQE) – A series of stray bullets hitting RVs and buildings has Belen Police asking people for help looking out for a negligent gun user. Since June, Belen Police says it received at least four separate calls for stray bullets hitting property in the area of I-25 and Camino del Llano. In at […]Chris McKee
- Locker room video shows football coach accused of stealing from player October 19, 2019GALLUP, NM (KRQE) – New video gives insight into the accusations that a high school football coach stole money from one of his players. A parent of one of the students contacted police about the crime that was caught on camera. The now-former football coach John Roanhaus at Gallup’s Miyamura High School was arrested earlier […]Jackie Kent
- APD: Man fatally shot by officers was holding BB gun October 18, 2019ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – On Friday, the Albuquerque Police Department held a conference regarding the August 22 officer-involved shooting where 57-year-old Roger Schafer was killed. According to police, on August 22, 2019, a 911 caller reported a man in a white shirt at the bus stop near Copper and Eubank had pointed a gun at […]Allison Keys
- New Mexico Tech unveils new mascot design October 19, 2019SOCORRO, N.M. (KRQE) – New Mexico Tech has unveiled the university’s new mascot logo. Friday’s unveiling comes after a year-long initiative to formalize NMT mascot. Last year, students, faculty, and alumni overwhelmingly selected the Miners to be the face of the university, which is formally called the New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology. Merchandi […]KRQE Media
- O’Keeffe Museum wins grant for ‘Spring’ conservation October 19, 2019SANTA FE, N.M. (AP) – The Georgia O’Keeffe Museum has won a grant from Bank of America that will support conservation of the artist’s pivotal painting entitled “Spring.” In addition to supporting research and conservation, the funding will enable the museum to share its work online. Officials say “Spring” marks a turning point in O’Keeffe’s […] […]Associated Press
- Asylum-seeking Mexicans are more prominent at US border October 19, 2019CIUDAD JUAREZ, Mexico (AP) — Lizbeth Garcia tended to her 3-year-old son outside a tent pitched on a sidewalk, their temporary home while they wait for their number to be called to claim asylum in the United States. The 33-year-old fled Mexico’s western state of Michoacan a few weeks ago with her husband and five […]CEDAR ATTANSIO and ASTRID GALVAN, Associated Press
- New Mexico adopts SAT as requirement for high school juniors October 19, 2019ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) – New Mexico Public Education Secretary Ryan Stewart has announced the SAT will become the official statewide standardized test for high school juniors. Stewart said Friday all New Mexico high school juniors will be required to take the SAT in the spring of 2020. He says the exam administered by the non-profit […]Associated Press
- Home of Navy veteran’s widow gets major improvements October 19, 2019ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – The home a Navy veteran’s widow got a major facelift on Friday. After dealing with several medical and housing issues, the Home Depot Foundation and the New Mexico Veterans Memorial stepped in to help Margaret Carrillo. Margaret is the widow to Navy veteran Paul Carrillo Sr., who served during the […]Brady Wakayama
- Grant’s Friday Evening Forecast October 18, 2019The latest cold front moved across New Mexico today, bringing isolated showers and even snow to the northern mountains. Another cold front is headed our way Sunday. Temperatures will fall overnight into the upper 30s tonight around the metro after today’s cold front. Winds will die down overnight too and into Saturday. Tomorrow will be […]Grant Tosterud
- University of New Mexico faculty, adjuncts vote on unionize October 18, 2019ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) – Professors and adjunct teachers at New Mexico’s largest university have voted to unionize. The University of New Mexico announced Friday the adjunct and faculty endorsed two proposals in favor of union representation after two days of voting. Results show members of the school’s regular faculty voted 500 to 304 in favor […]Associated Press
- Albuquerque veteran shares sweet moment with his dog October 18, 2019ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – An Albuquerque veteran recieved a surprise during a difficult time Friday. Veteran John Vincent was admitted into a hospice center this week. Since Vincent has no family, his beloved dog Patch had to be surrendered to Animal Welfare. Vincent wanted to see patch one last time. So Animal Welfare dropped by […]KRQE Media
- Beefily Ever After November 18, 2016In our last episode, we learn how to drink tea, build human towers, watch the sunset forever and find the Ian inside all of us.
- Freedom, Justice, or Peter Sagal November 11, 2016We learn what happened to a two-thousand year-old toe, and what to do when our voices make you sick.
- StoryCorn November 4, 2016Devil In The White City author Erik Larson helps us write gooder, and we tell you how to snack silently at the movies.
- We Accidentally Made A Halloween Episode October 28, 2016Mark Bittman helps us answer a very creepy question, and we learn who's helping the Obamas move.
- Romancing The Cod October 21, 2016How to talk to fish and protect your yard signs.
- Trust Him On The Frustum October 13, 2016We help you brush that dirt off your shoulder and get the most out of your Reese's.
- The Never-Ending Cave October 7, 2016We tell you how to get deep and how to fake childhood memories.
- The Sound of Silence September 30, 2016A listener needs help opening his Velcro bag quietly, so we call in the military.
- Fiddlin', Gruntin', Snorin' and Carlin' September 23, 2016How to get people to remember your name and find thousands of worms. Note: this episode talks about curse words but bleeps them out. It's educational, but there's a lot of cursing.
- The Champ September 16, 2016We tell you how to keep your fries crispy and make your friends cry.
- Usain/Boat September 9, 2016How to lose to Usain Bolt by a slightly smaller margin, and another use for your bowling shoes.
- Bonny's Dream September 2, 2016How to endure hearing someone describe their dream.
- Bears and Bubbles August 26, 2016How to bathe discreetly and get close to a panda.
- Bears, Tigers, Leeches, and Spicy Food August 19, 2016How to pick a winner in a bear v. tiger fight, find an endangered species, and eat spicy food.
- Best Man O' War August 12, 2016How to train your pet jellyfish and plan a wedding no one will forget.
- The Only Olympics Guide You'll Ever Need August 5, 2016With how-to advice from a bunch of Olympians and Patrick Stewart.
- Lyin' Eyes July 29, 2016How to protect your cow and pull a loose tooth.
- Merry Chrismas! July 21, 2016How to celebrate your new favorite holiday and enjoy the Summer Olympics.
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Get out the vote
There was an error retrieving images from Instagram. An attempt will be remade in a few minutes.