Categories: Featured Stories
Click Image to Protect New Mexicos Children By Signing The New Mexico Victoria Martens ACT
- Classic Lamy watering hole gets new life
- Legacy card at Buffalo Thunder for 1st time
- Cochiti Lake beach closed due to toxic algae bloom
- Two Santa Fe students win Arthur Ashe essay contest
- Metro area was once home to Apaches
- UNM sports boss undaunted despite two tough years
- Hernandez, Keller lift Fresno over Albuquerque 8-2
- $22MIL renovation of old Downtowner planned
- Albuquerque police search for witnesses to officer-involved shooting
- Vortexs latest surrounds the Battle of the Somme
- Hobbs Police arrest teen in connection to shooting that killed 3, injured 4 August 25, 2019HOBBS, N.M. (KRQE)- The Hobbs Police Department announced Sunday evening they have arrested a subject police say is connected to a fatal shooting that killed three people and injured four others. Police arrested 19-year-old Bishop Henderson after authorities learned he was in the 600 block of East Broadway around 2:04 p.m. Henderson has been charged […]Jeannie Nguyen
- Rio Rancho couple in disbelief after American flag is torn off house August 26, 2019RIO RANCHO, NM (KRQE) – A metro couple is distraught after it says someone tore the American flag off their home. The Grant family said they went to lunch Saturday afternoon. When they returned home around 2 p.m., they saw their American flag laying in the road and their property vandalized. Samuel and Ashley Grant […]Courtney Allen
- Boy Scout gives back to veterans for Eagle Scout project August 26, 2019ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE)- An Albuquerque teen is determined to earn his Eagle Scout Rank and his big project is one that’s close to his heart: helping local veterans. Arlen Lovesee is a decorated Boy Scout, with 19 patches, in everything from fitness, to first aid and even basket making. He’s been a Scout since he […]Stephanie Chavez
- Connor’s Sunday Evening Forecast August 26, 2019More records will be broken tomorrow. Dry air and a slight breeze will make it feel more like June than August. Reoccurring cold fronts this week will replenish moisture, especially in eastern New Mexico. Mountain thunderstorms will return by Tuesday. Isolated thunderstorms should make their way to the valleys by Wednesday. This weekend continues to […]Connor Lewis
- Triple Nickle Fire continues to burn in San Mateo Mountains August 24, 2019GRANTS, N.M. (KRQE)- Fire officials report that the lightning-caused Triple Nickle Fire that is burning in the San Mateo Mountains on the Mt. Taylor Ranger District has grown to 4,101-acres The blaze which began burning on August 4, 2019, has grown to an the estimated 4,101 acres as of Sunday, August 25 with around 100 […]KRQE Media
- Attorneys: Charges expected in Florida nursing home deaths August 25, 2019FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) — Defense attorneys said Sunday that arrests are expected shortly in the case of a Florida nursing home where 12 patients died after its air conditioning power went out amid sweltering heat following Hurricane Irma in 2017. Lawrence Hashish told The Associated Press his client is one of three nurses, in […]KELLI KENNEDY, Associated Press
- Luck finds cost of football too pricey to continue career August 25, 2019INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Andrew Luck was unique. He loved football. He loves life even more. So when the 29-year-old Luck thought another long, laborious comeback journey jeopardized his future, he believed walking away from the sport and potentially hundreds of millions of dollars was the only logical choice. “For the last four years or so,I’ve […]MICHAEL MAROT, Associated Press
- National Parks offer Free Entrance Days August 25, 2019ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE)- Sunday marks one of the great national wonders as National Parks were entrance-free across the country. The National Park Service has 418 sites across the nation from the Grand Canyon and Yosemite and Sequoia out west to the Great Smokey Mountains and the Everglades in the east. If you missed out Sunday, […]KRQE Media
- List ranks best burger in every state August 25, 2019ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – Who has the best burger in New Mexico? You might be surprised by the answer. The Daily Meal came out with a list of the best burger in every state. For New Mexico, the publication gave top honors to Burger Boy in Cedar Crest. It gave props to the restaurant’s simple, […]KRQE Media
- Route 66 Street Rod Nationals wraps up in Albuquerque August 25, 2019ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE)- Albuquerque’s largest outdoor automotive event wrapped up this weekend. At Expo New Mexico, the first-ever Route 66 Street Rod Nationals featured more than 1,800 specialty cars. Visitors had the chance to get an up-close loot at street rods, muscle cars, antiques, customs, and more. Organizers say it’s an opportunity to show off […] […]KRQE Media
- UNM Hospital to relocate more than 200 employees to downtown August 25, 2019ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE)- The University of New Mexico Hospital is expanding its presence in downtown Albuquerque. UNM is relocating more than 200 hospital employees to the fourth floor of a facility in Tijeras Blvd. adjacent to Civic Plaza. UNM says the move will better accommodate their tech needs for its financial services group and will […]KRQE Media
- Heard for miles: Gas explosion hits office, shopping complex August 25, 2019A powerful natural gas explosion badly damaged a Maryland office complex and shopping center Sunday morning, ripping away part of the facade and exposing twisted metal, authorities said. No injuries were reported in the thundering blast, which occurred at about 8 a.m. It came after authorities said they had evacuated the area around the complex […]BRIAN WITTE, Associated Press
- Lobo football player shaves beard for scholarship fund August 25, 2019ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE)- A Lobo football player decided to use his beard to help other students. Kyle Stapley, a senior captain on the team, hadn’t shaved his beard since 2016 but thanks to a $5,000 donation from booster Dee Dennis to the UNM Scholarship Fund, Stapley decided to shave it. His teammates were also sure […]KRQE Media
- GOP, Trump campaign hope to flip New Mexico in 2020 August 25, 2019ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE)- President Trump has his sights set on New Mexico in hopes of flipping the state in the 2020 election. The Santa Fe New Mexican reports the state could see more from the GOP and the Trump campaign in the state leading up to next year’s vote. This comes just days after a […]KRQE Media
- Beefily Ever After November 18, 2016In our last episode, we learn how to drink tea, build human towers, watch the sunset forever and find the Ian inside all of us.
- Freedom, Justice, or Peter Sagal November 11, 2016We learn what happened to a two-thousand year-old toe, and what to do when our voices make you sick.
- StoryCorn November 4, 2016Devil In The White City author Erik Larson helps us write gooder, and we tell you how to snack silently at the movies.
- We Accidentally Made A Halloween Episode October 28, 2016Mark Bittman helps us answer a very creepy question, and we learn who's helping the Obamas move.
- Romancing The Cod October 21, 2016How to talk to fish and protect your yard signs.
- Trust Him On The Frustum October 13, 2016We help you brush that dirt off your shoulder and get the most out of your Reese's.
- The Never-Ending Cave October 7, 2016We tell you how to get deep and how to fake childhood memories.
- The Sound of Silence September 30, 2016A listener needs help opening his Velcro bag quietly, so we call in the military.
- Fiddlin', Gruntin', Snorin' and Carlin' September 23, 2016How to get people to remember your name and find thousands of worms. Note: this episode talks about curse words but bleeps them out. It's educational, but there's a lot of cursing.
- The Champ September 16, 2016We tell you how to keep your fries crispy and make your friends cry.
- Usain/Boat September 9, 2016How to lose to Usain Bolt by a slightly smaller margin, and another use for your bowling shoes.
- Bonny's Dream September 2, 2016How to endure hearing someone describe their dream.
- Bears and Bubbles August 26, 2016How to bathe discreetly and get close to a panda.
- Bears, Tigers, Leeches, and Spicy Food August 19, 2016How to pick a winner in a bear v. tiger fight, find an endangered species, and eat spicy food.
- Best Man O' War August 12, 2016How to train your pet jellyfish and plan a wedding no one will forget.
- The Only Olympics Guide You'll Ever Need August 5, 2016With how-to advice from a bunch of Olympians and Patrick Stewart.
- Lyin' Eyes July 29, 2016How to protect your cow and pull a loose tooth.
- Merry Chrismas! July 21, 2016How to celebrate your new favorite holiday and enjoy the Summer Olympics.
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Get out the vote
There was an error retrieving images from Instagram. An attempt will be remade in a few minutes.