Categories: Featured Stories
- UNM-Taos freshman presents at the American Public Health Association annual meeting
- Headlines for Nov. 24, 2021
- Thousands of luminarias light up UNM for Hanging of the Greens
- UNM professors bring back work by New Mexico poet
- UNM Sociology professor takes part in White House intersex awareness event
- UNM methane leak detection research could help reduce emissions
- Headlines for Nov. 22, 2021
- Native American educator will discuss Keres learning center
- UNM alum makes gift to Sustainability Studies in wife's memory
- UNM Bookstores announces annual Holiday Sales Event
- U.S. and Iran to talk nuclear deal on MondayThe Biden administration will take another try at reviving the Iran nuclear deal in talks that start in Vienna. Time has passed and much has changed since the Trump White House abandoned the deal.
- What a year of protests did for farmers in India — and what's next for themSome see the repeal of India's controversial farm laws as a victory for non-violent protest. Others say reform is still needed. What's next for the Indian farmers who've spent a year protesting?
- Dr. Francis Collins on what we know about the Omicron variant so farNPR's Audie Cornish speaks with National Institutes of Health director Dr. Francis Collins about how the new COVID-19 variant might affect U.S. response and where the national strategy goes from here.
- Protestors in Sudan took to the streets Thursday to push for civilian ruleHaving forced the military to install the prime minister it had ousted, pro-democracy activists in Sudan are pressing to insure civilian control.
- Tensions have been high as the presidential election in Honduras nearsHonduras is holding its presidential election Sunday at a time of poverty, corruption and increased migration to the United States.
- New coronavirus variant omicron is classified as a 'variant of concern'A variant now named omicron, first detected in South Africa, prompted new overseas travel restrictions in Europe and a special World Health Organization meeting on Friday.
- Rescuers find a survivor after a Siberian coal mine exploded but many are feared deadRussian authorities released the names of 51 people presumed dead after a devastating methane explosion in a coal mine in Siberia, believed to be the country's deadliest mining incident since 2010.
- First they found a dead king's body. Now they've uncovered an ancient mosaicA rare Roman mosaic is the latest discovery from a crack team of British archaeologists.
- U.S. will begin new travel restrictions amid concerns over a new coronavirus variantThe policy will affect South Africa and seven other countries, senior administration officials said. The World Health Organization expressed concern about the new variant — called omicron.
- The EU wants to stop flights from southern Africa over a new COVID variantThe European Union said Friday it's planning to stop air travel from southern Africa to counter the spread of a new COVID-19 variant as the 27-nation block battles a massive spike in cases.
Like to Contact the Duke City Times Fill out the form below!
La Reina Mariachi Del Albuquerque
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.